Commemorative Plate of the Pyramid Cinema, Sale

Dublin Core

Title

Commemorative Plate of the Pyramid Cinema, Sale

Description

The Pyramid Cinema on Washway Road in Sale opened its doors in February 1934. It was designed by architects Drury and Gomersall in an Egyptian style which was then mirrored in the cinema’s Christie organ. The first resident organist was Reginald Liversidge who was well known in his own right: around thirty of his performances on the Pyramid organ were broadcast over the radio.

Creator

J.H. Weatherby

Source

Trafford Local Studies Collection, cat. ref. TRA/5/7/1460

Date

Unknown

Rights

This image may be subject to copyright law, in accordance with the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Under the terms of 'fair dealing' it may be used for non-commercial research and private study. The person using the image is responsible for any infringement.

Files

Pyramid plate 1.jpg

Collection

Citation

J.H. Weatherby, “Commemorative Plate of the Pyramid Cinema, Sale,” Exploring Trafford's Heritage , accessed October 4, 2022, https://exploringtraffordsheritage.omeka.net/items/show/2809.

Social Bookmarking