GUIDES AND RESOURCES
- Interactive map: Trafford Blue Plaques
- Guide: Research your British Ancestors using Ancestry
- Guide: Research your Caribbean Ancestors using Ancestry
- Guide: Research your Irish Ancestors using Ancestry
- Guide: Research the History of your House
- Guide: Organising your Family History Research
- Guide: Understanding census records
- Trafford History Trails
- 1920s Children's Activity booklet
- The First World War in Trafford - Research Database
- 'Get to Know Your Grandparent(s)!' Children's Interview Activity Sheet
- Queen's Platinum Jubilee Activity Booklet
Before sugar cubes and granulated sugar were introduced at the end of the nineteenth century, sugar was bought as a cone or ‘sugarloaf’. Sugar nippers were used to break pieces off the cone.
Trafford Local Studies Collection, cat. ref. TRA/5/7/436
This image may be subject to copyright law, in accordance with the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Under the terms of 'fair dealing' it may be used for non-commercial research and private study. The person using the image is responsible for any infringement.
“Sugar Nippers,” Exploring Trafford's Heritage , accessed October 4, 2022, https://exploringtraffordsheritage.omeka.net/items/show/2803.