GUIDES AND RESOURCES
- Guide: Access Ancestry from Home using your Trafford Libraries Account
- Guide: Research your British Ancestors using Ancestry
- Guide: Research your Caribbean Ancestors using Ancestry
- Guide: Research your Irish Ancestors using Ancestry
- Guide: Research the History of your House
- Guide: Organising your Family History Research
- Guide: Understanding census records
- Trafford History Trails
- LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS
Family History Helpdesk
Our Local Studies volunteers are here to help you research your family tree, every Monday afternoon from 2–4:30 pm. Appointments must be made in advance, and can be organised by contacting the Centre by phone (0161 912 3013) or email (email@example.com). Researchers are able to book a maximum of three complimentary sessions with our volunteers.
This service has been suspended until further notice. Please contact the Local Studies Centre for more details, or visit our Reopening pages in the 'About us' section of the website.
Unable to make it to our facility? The Centre provides both a free research service for simple searches requiring less than twenty minutes study, as well as a personalised, paid research service. Our paid research service is conducted by a member of our experienced staff, in both in half-hour and one-hour segments.