Stretford Memorial Hospital Collecting Box

Dublin Core

Title

Stretford Memorial Hospital Collecting Box

Description

Stretford Memorial Hospital was opened on 28 October 1914, with twenty beds, by the Old Trafford Divisional Committee of the Red Cross Hospital Society, as an auxiliary hospital to the Second Western General. It was enlarged from time to time as the necessity for further accommodation became more urgent. It then closed in 1919. It was taken over by the East Lancashire Branch of the British Red Cross Society and made into a hospital for the limbless soldiers. It was sold in 1925 to the Trustees of Stretford War Memorial Public Nursing Service for hospital purposes.

Creator

Stretford Memorial Hospital

Source

Trafford Local Studies Collection, cat. ref. TRA/5/7/1401

Date

Unknown

Rights

This image may be subject to copyright law, in accordance with the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Under the terms of 'fair dealing' it may be used for non-commercial research and private study. The person using the image is responsible for any infringement.

Files

Stretford Memorial collecting box 1.jpg
Stretford Memorial collecting box 2.jpg

Collection

Citation

Stretford Memorial Hospital, “Stretford Memorial Hospital Collecting Box,” Exploring Trafford's Heritage , accessed October 4, 2022, https://exploringtraffordsheritage.omeka.net/items/show/2801.

Social Bookmarking