Browse Items (919 total)

TL10290.jpg
The Altrincham Coat of Arms were granted on 30 August 1937. The wheatsheaves and cogwheel refer to the agricultural and engineering industries. The lion in the crest supports a banner symbolic of plenty, recalling the town's former motto, Pax et…

TL10291.jpg
The Sale Coat of Arms were granted on 23 September 1920. The wheatsheaves are from the arms of the Cheshire County Council and the lozenges are from the arms of the Massey family of Sale. The Moorcock refers to the district of Sale Moor. The unicorn…

TL10293.jpg

TL10292.jpg
The Urmston Coat of Arms were officially granted on 10 June 1942. The chevron and martlets are from the heraldry of the local families of Asshawe and Hyde, and the griffin is from the arms of the de Traffords. The oak tree symbolises the preservation…

TL01451.jpg

TL1559.jpg

TL2625.jpg

TL10110.jpg
Moorfield House, Urmston. seen here in the 1930s, was originally built as a private residence during the latter half of the 19th century. It was a large Victorian mansion and gardens situated on Crofts Bank Road in Urmston. On the death of the owner…

TL5411.jpg

TraffordLogoColourOn-Square.jpg
Trafford Metropolitan Borough Coat of Arms
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2